Step into the world of Hospitality Management
India is a land with a rich cultural tradition and numerous historical monuments. The past few years we have seen a steady increase in tourists; both domestic and international. With easy online bookings and package options with tour and travel operators, Indians are now travelling for leisure and sight-seeing like never before. Gone are the days when people used to travel only for visiting temples or making pilgrimages. These days, yoga tours, wellness tours, and many such new categories have gained acceptance from consumers.
Tourism industry is always strongly supported by the hospitality industry. No wonder then that many international hotel chains and well known domestic brands have expanded their hotel network all across the country. In this context, this is the right time for students to consider a career and look for a degree in Hospitality Courses in Delhi or Hotel Management.
What do you learn in Hospitality Management?
This is a detailed curriculum which is aimed at training students to give them operational and supervisory knowledge to work in 5 star hotels, spas, cruise liners, restaurants, catering units of railways, airlines, hospitals, malls, fast food chains and other establishments, resorts, inns, forest lodges, stay-inns etc.
The course helps students understand:
- How to take care of guests
- Handling guest enquiries, their reservations and also accommodating their last minute changes.
- How to prepare and maintain rooms for guests
- Handling laundry and other items of room service
- Handling kitchen, food production and maintaining food
- How to churn out confectionary and bakery items
- How to serve guests at restaurants
- How to mix drinks while working in bars and lounges
Students can opt for a diploma or a degree course in hospitality management after completing Class 12th, from any stream. There are many colleges which offer such courses, but students should always look for good institutes that can secure their future and give them hands-on experience and value for money. The Cradle of Management Institute (CMI) is the top choice for many students wishing to enter this field.
Cradle of Management Institute (CMI), Delhi
This institute has been set up by Cradle Management Education Society (CMES), founded and registered as a non-profit organization to provide vocational education to students in the hospitality and paramedical sectors.
The courses offered by Cradle Management Institute (CMI) are recognized by the National Council of Vocational Training under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
The syllabus of CMI is aimed at imparting operational and supervisory knowledge to students so that they develop skills for a lifetime and not just gain a degree.
Top Features of CMIThe institute boasts of
- Excellent infrastructure – The institute has customized classrooms, Food Production Labs, Hospitality Demonstration Rooms, Mock Bars, House-keeping Labs and latest audio-visual equipment.
- Industrial visits - Through these visits, students get a glimpse of actual working in hotels and tourism outlets and this helps them understand the practical side of theory that they are learning.
- Experiential Learning - CMI lays emphasis on practical training. Students are engaged in practical classes on a daily basis and regular practical assessments are also done.
- Personality and Soft Skill Development - CMI gives equal importance on developing the personality and soft skills apart from core learning. This gives students a skill set that lasts for life.
- Scholarship Programmes - CMI offers scholarships for bright students who come from underprivileged backgrounds.
- Guest Lectures - CMI arranges regular guest lectures from experts of hospitality and culinary industry. These experts share their work experiences and give tips on hotel management.
- Placement Cell - CMI has a well networked placement cell with vital industry and corporate contacts.
COURSES FOR STUDENTS
CMI offers the below courses in hospitality management:
- Food Production & Bakery
- Restaurant & Bar Tending
- Culinary Art
- Reception & Front office
Students who have a love for the kitchen and like churning out new cuisines can also look for opting for a food production course or a diploma in food production. While commonly people refer to it as a Diploma in Cooking, food production is a complete and detailed process and not just cooking various dishes.
After choosing any of the courses in hotel management, students can aim for working as an executive / entry level in their chosen department; front office, guest relations, house-keeping, bartending or then the kitchen.
In fact, students opting for a Diploma in Food Production can join at entry level and even aspire to reach the level of chef.
After successful completion of courses, students can gain placements in reputed hotels and restaurants in India. After a few years of domestic work experience, students can look for broadening their horizons and opt for work opportunities abroad.
Hospitality industry is exciting and challenging and offers a fulfilling work experience. It is financially rewarding too and students can either join a well- known organization or even become entrepreneurs and start their own business.